Tuesday, March 03, 2009

 

Safe at home!


After the move Friday, as I was washing up, I noticed about fifteen small cuts on my hands. What a day, a knuckle on this molding, a slice from this box lid. anyway, that was just about the worst of it. And now move number 31 is finally in the bag. So, what did we learn this time? I'm glad I asked.

Paint first! Most people do. In fact, I saw a statistic that said, seventy percent of all statistics were off by thirteen percent. The other thirty percent were off by more than fifty percent, half the time. What does this have to do with painting? Be patent sugar, I'm getting to the point. The point is, try to have a week or two to prep the house before you move. And when that falls through because of an escrow company or one of any number of any monkey wrenches that fall into your soup, don't be too hard on yourself. (sorry the cleché machine is down for the day)

Also, paint as fast as you can!

What else...

Oh, right! The moving company pulled a fast one on us on the day of the move. On the contract, we initialed the little box marked, "packing materials" which signified that we would pay for the tape they used to hold the blankets on to our sofa. Last time we moved with half the stuff we now have this cost came in somewhere around $70. Not bad. This time it cost us about $700. It was announced to us when most of the stuff was already on the truck. Good time to go completely mental, right? But Jen and all the kids at the reservation tell me that I must keep my temper... I wish I had a happy ending to that story but I don't. They got away with it. How's that for keeping my temper?

So, don't let them do that to you when you move.

And that's pretty much it for moving. Unless we come into a lot of money, we're pretty much where we are going to be. And the money thing is pretty unlikely for a sucker that pays $700 for tape.

Comments:
You know, I am not sure they should get a way with that. They should have disclosed or mentioned it like they do when you rent a car. Last time I used movers, when they realized we were almost done, they started slowing down, it was so pathetically obvious! Like really slowing down!
Anyway the photo of Cobra is awesome. Can I snuggle with her?
 
I don't think Cobra would snuggle with you if you call him a her. But, he'd probably forgive you.
As far as the movers go the best I can do at this point is make fun of them in my Blog and try to remember and forget at the same time.
R
 
Glad you're in your home.
The girls must be quite glad,too.
Congratulations!

K
 
That's quite the pig palace!
 
How much are you willing to pay for staples?

Meg
 
Looks everything is going fine and its very good to know...
Secure Car Parking Gatwick
Airport Car parking at Gatwick

 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]