Friday, March 13, 2009

 

I love my phone

When I first got the I phone, after a pretty frustrating time with the pock bespattered dolt at the AT&T store (who, by the way, has been immortalized in a pilot script about bureaucratic fuck-ups), I was in heaven. Normally I'd go back and fix that sentence so that it made sense, but you know what? No! This is my blog and I feel you are going to have to work a little. Isn't it enough that I really try to fix the spelling? (Get it? Try?)
So I get the phone and everyone else who has one welcomes me into the club. There was a sort of silent respect for each other as we fingered our apps and snorted at all the Luddites with flip phones and palms. They could not join our club, they'd never understand. What I never really said out loud was that I thought most of the apps were crap. Come on. There was an app that looked like you were drinking a beer. The first person to show me this actually had a real beer in his other hand! Okay, handy restaurant finders, mortgage calculators, body mass index indicators... all that handy crap, was after all, crap! Until the day I found "Loose It".

This program is great. What you do, for those who don't know, is you enter your weight, enter your target weight and enter a time-line in which you wish to achieve said weight and Loose it. Dig?
Then it tells you how many calories you are aloud to have every day to achieve your lofty goal.
So you enter what you eat and how much exercise you do. The more exercise you do, the more you can eat. Brilliant!
This is good for me because I really don't know how much I eat. I go, well I had a sandwich for lunch and a pretzel here and there and there was some chocolate after lunch and again at three. and now I go, well I had a sandwich, a large coke and a bag of chips at 12:15 and seventeen pretzel from 1:30 to 2:15 and about 900 calories of chocolate between 9 and 5. AH!
That was a real eye opener.
Also, I used to exercise and go, "...there I exercised. Rob good!"
Now I think, as I hoist my tired ass out of bed, "If I run for a half hour and walk to work I can drink tonight." And it's up and out into the rain for me!
So far? Not bad. It's been two weeks and I've managed to stay under my limit every day except three. There was the first day I got it, last Friday and tonight. (It's almost beer thirty now!)
Is it working?
No, not really. Two days ago I weighed 218 and this morning I weighed 220.
Break out the swimwear!
But I still like it! Maybe, by the time I'm tired of this app I will have developed better eating habits.
Eh?

Comments:
Hey... did you see http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=138909830297&ref=mf

We're doing a silent auction for the Raleigh that you gave us from under your porch! I'll let you know how much $$$ we raise.

Now go run or something... and Loose It!
 
We got $600 for the bike last night!

Thanks Rob!!!!!!
 
iPhone maybe a mePhone would be a more like it , LOL.


C.B.
 
Oh and also forget the beer, to many calories, try rum and diet coke. Way quicker buzz. Also weigh your self without the Phone, duh, LOL
 
Does this thing work ? Ello .
 
I have misplaced my phone many times but never had to suffer loosing it...
buy Circus Tickets
buy festival tickets
 
Loosing a phone is no small disaster. It set me back days.
Compare Car Parking UK
UK Airport Parking deals
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]