Sunday, February 01, 2009

 

What happened in Vegas?

Unless you're some kind of super computer freak who spends way too much time on the web and with emails you probably don't have time to keep a Blog updated or, at least, free from run-on sentences that are redundant and never seem to end... like I do. It could be the old George Carlin bit about how people who drive slower than you are idiots and people who drive faster are maniacs, in this case (and for the purpose of this very confused posting) substitute cars for Blogs and the rate of speed with frequencies of posts.

It used to be, once a day I'd answer emails and look at the Great Lakes Maritime Academy webcam to see how the weather is in Traverse City. (In case you're wondering, it's crap.) Then, if I feel I have something to say or a picture to show, I post a blog.
So yeah, the idea of the Blog was just to put anything, no mater how stupid or insignificant into writing. And examine the crap out of it in an offhanded way. Then for the next week or so I would use my observations in conversation. The end result is a sort of pre-strike on stupidity. Or, as we call it in animation land, "Humor."

These days, the time I would normally spend on my computer has been replaced with an iphone. Normally I don't use the phone so much. If you want me, text me. When I call you, I won't leave you a message. If you see that I've called just text me and say, "Sup?"

Now, with facebook and email on the phone my communications have shrunk to three word replies. What used to be, "I looked at the pictures you sent of the picknic by the lake. My, how little Vicky has grown! She embodies the lovelyness of her mother more and more every day. I fear that she will be an adult by the time we return to Alaska." is now, "wow cool pix!" Naturally, the word "pix" will probably be auto-corected and you'll end up with, "Wow cool pie" and get all offeneded. Next thing you know, no free place to stay when I visit Alaska.

So, to those who have been subject to this sort of communication, I must apologise. Rest assured I haven't grown simple (er) I'm just completely burried by communications from to many fronts. Hey, but so are you! So if you're the kind of maniack who spends a lot of time on the computer, don't be offended. But, if you're an idiot you probably understand me.

But what I really meant to post was this pie from Vegas:

This was from a twenty dollar investment. Not bad, but it never made it home!


Comments:
The demise of communications... it's been coming for a long time.

The weather does suck in TC by the way. Only 3 more months until spring. Ugh.
 
Not enough zeros i do believe.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]