Sunday, December 07, 2008

 

Three God damn years!!

It's been almost three years now since I started this blog and in all that time I've only received one complaint.
Early on, I issued a warning about this blog and today I’m going to reissue it.
Here's the deal: I work in a business where my thoughts are heavily censored, I have a responsibility to the general viewing public not to be careless with what I put in my cartoons. Do you think we don’t use words like, “fuck”? Do you think we don’t draw big dicks on our characters or draw then fucking each other? We do! We just usually erase those things before they go on the air.
HEY, REMEMBER ME!

Do we do it to subvert children? No. Turns out most of were children at one point, and some of us still are.
After a long day of trying to be funny and erasing dicks, I usually come home to a house of chaos. The kids kick into crazy mode and the parrot usually thinks it’s a good time to do her smoke alarm impression.
It’s a good life. And I am a good man. NO ONE can tell me otherwise.
Do I get mad? Sure. That’s why I have a blog. (I’ll bet you were wondering where this was going) My blog is just me, drawing big dicks on stuff and not erasing it before it goes on the air. As John Wayne said, I’m just spitting out words to see where they land.
Is it funny? I think so.
Are you offended by it? If so, I offer this, once again to all of my readers. This is from December of 2005:
“If you’re the kind of person who is offended by this kind of stuff you might want to skip over this blog and go to directly to: gostickyerheadinaduck.com It’s nice there. You’ll like it.”

Did you get that complainer?
Okay, enough about that. Here's the weird thing.

Now I'm pretty sure I'm down to two people who read this blog on a regular basis. One of them is me and I'm married to the other one. So why do my thoughts have to go all the way to that series of tubes known as the internets (where ever it physically is?) and back into my house just so my wife will read them?

So my wife will read them. Isn't that right baby?
It's just us now!

Comments:
who the hell said what? it is a friggin blog for christsake...

shrug it off. there are a lot of dicks out there.

fuck them.

and for the record-
i read your blog.
xoxo
-Leigh
 
Yeah, I read your blog. So with you, me and Leigh, hey that's three! Whooot!
We miss you madly by the way, Leigh dear.
 
three! Wow. I'm signing up for some ads! fifteen years of this I could take in as much as three bucks!
R
 
awwwww J!
 
Four......

*-)

Meg
 
I'll put on a big fake mustache and say in a very low, fake voice, "Five"
R

Kee, keee, keee!
 
Spong bob and patric had big Dicks on them before they were aired , Well Damn, who would have known. But i just cant see spong bob saying Fuck for some reason . LMFAO...
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Hey look, I read your Blog, but I didn't know you were such a cranky bastard! F#@K! you too!... Oh wait,
you aren't flipping ME off specifically ....
 
Oh and yes, what is the complaint???
POST IT!!!
 
Yeah, I know! I wasn't going to allow myself to be cranky on this thing. But, here we are. I promise I'll be less cranky!
R
 
Shrug it off. A lot of people just suck. They have no happiness, so they just try to make everyone else feel just as miserable as they do. Don't let them take you down. Just smile and wave, it usally makes them even madder and more miserable. :)
 
Yes, good this is the kind of stuff I can use! How else can I make someone miserable?
R
 
Long time no new posts
So I forget to check it
This time there are two!
 
On my old car from HS, I had tons of bumper stickers like "love your mother earth" "say ya to the UP" "support local farmers" "Granholm" "No War" "Give Peace a chance" and stuff like that. I was driving on the highway and was passed by a pickup truck who almost broadsided me b/c he was busy giving me the finger and yelling and screaming stuff at me that I couldn't hear. I smiled and waved. It seemed to make him even more mad, he got right in front of me and slammed on his brakes and I saw his American flag sticker, "NRA bumper sticker of somekind" and a "Sportsmen for Bush" stickers. We passed eachother a few times... all the while he was giving the bird and turning purple from yelling so much. I just smiled and waved. I guess that is called killing him with kindness. Anyway... who knew someone would get so bent out of shape over a few bumper stickers?
 
Hey Rob,
I've been somewhat neglectful lately and haven't visited, so I may have lost my "regular" status. But I -- and sometimes we -- call up your blog.

My only complaint is, until now, there wasn't enough profanity. I'm glad to see you've finally filthied up your act.

Your pal, Dan
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]