Friday, August 08, 2008

 

Harry handed gent.

I was comparing my summer to Kid Rock's summer back in 1989. I treated his song like a checklist of summer success. and I think it's a tie.
Oh, he has me beet on the video. I have yet to ride on a pontoon with strippers on Walled Lake going 90 MPH. And I haven't caught a walleye off the dock. I was a little preoccupied.
What I have done is sit on my porch and hand beer to, pretty much, anyone who walked past. Here, Tony , Jen and Carrie help out. The beer is an improvement over last year when I made everyone mojitos. Cracking a beer is much easier and it opens up more time to sit and chew the fat. Of course we also had pop on occasion as some of our younger porch sitters liked to be out there too.

I basically haven't even been inside since we got here. Sure there was a lot of moving and stuff throwing out, there was even a garage sale, but when 5 o'clock came we all moved out the the porch. Once we even went to a baseball game:
All Hail Beer!

Comments:
By the way, who were the teams of the baseball game ? And is there any beer left ?
 
it was a minor league game. The Traverse City Beach Bums against the Flint.. things. I think we won. What am I saying, there was beer! Everyone was a winner!!
R
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]