Saturday, October 13, 2007

 

I ate what? Euro style.



Little streets, little shops and…

Heads! They leave the heads on. I guess otherwise you’d never know what you were eating (that is if you couldn’t read the little sign underneath) I look at these and say, “ Wow, these things had heads at one point?”
I think of my Aunt M making a big deal out of a trout head that made it to the table. (Not on it’s own, it was on a plate) I doubt she would have shopped in a meat market that left the noggin on the old Pheasant. In fact I doubt she would have made pheasant. And I doubt she would have shopped at a little neighborhood meat market.
No Aunt M shopped at Kroger like everyone back home.
I guess that it’s not that the world eats weird things in a weird way it’s just that American food prep is very sterol …and plentiful. Maybe if we Americans had to walk to a little shop to buy meat, and carry it back home we wouldn’t be… Well, Americans. Not that there’s anything wrong with loading the SUV up with enough groceries to feed seven brides and seven brothers, it’s just that maybe we’d probably eat a little less if we had to hump everything home. Maybe.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]