Sunday, October 07, 2007

 

Ask me if I missed Europe

There are a lot of thing that they do here in Europe that I really love. In Paris, early in the morning, cleaning crews emerges, from underground, in blue haz-mat suits and scrub all the sidewalks down. Granted, the sticky paste then flows into the river but it makes Paris clean for more little dogs to shit all over for another day. They also have little shops that sell meat. They sit and enjoy a tiny cup of coffee for hours. Almost everything is smaller and more humble. And their appliances are like little works of modern art.
Naturally, while here in, Cannes, I won’t cooking anything myself so I don’t need to buy meat and there is nothing in my personality that would allow me to sit with a cup of coffee for any more than fifteen minutes. Still, I’m glad that there are people who do that sort of thing.
Cannes is very clean and very expensive. But the people are a lot more relaxed than Parisians. Come to think of it pretty much everyone is more relaxed than Parisians. Here's why:

OK remind me, why didn’t I bring a bathing suit? I don’t think most people would need to be told but let me say it out loud one time so that no one ever makes the same mistake I did. When you go to the Riviera, bring a bathing suit. OK?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]