Saturday, May 12, 2007

 

Burn Avalon Burn!

Anyone reading this for the first time might think I had a little obsession with fire. Well, I kind of do. After all, “Fire Good!”
The truth is fire seems to have an obsession with Southern California this year. Here’s some news: it’s dry!

Here we see Catalina Island on fire. The buildings in the foreground a part of the little town of Avalon. I didn’t take this picture but I could have. We had a little mix up in our plans and didn’t go this weekend. Granted, if they let us across on the boat we would have arrived there about 15 hours after the fire started and we would have been 15 miles away. So, when I say we could have, what I should say is: “there’s no way” we could have.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]