Wednesday, February 28, 2007

 

Not Chinatown again!

The old Joke goes; "Los Angeles has a great China town but do you know who has a really big one? Hong Kong. It’s huge!"
As we walked through the shopping stalls of Los Angeles China town during Chinese New Year one thought kept going through my head: Why are we doing this? I mean, we pretty much wore out this whole bit in Singapore.
But the answer is actually: Cooking supplies. You want chopsticks? They got them! You want plastic bowls? They got them! You want high quality things that have a lasting value that you’d be proud to hand down to future generations? …Yeah, well… But, Hey! They had, like twenty-seven guys in a dragon costume. All dancing to the exotic, pie pan, beat of “Bzew bezw bezw, bezw, bezw.
Lately, I’ve bowed to Jens will. She has this idea that Sunday mornings aren’t for putting on jogging shoes and taking off for two hours. She prefers to make a pot of coffee and look through the paper. Here’s what happens to me when I try to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee.
What to do with the weekend? One of the things that I haven’t had in a long time is a weekend. When you freelance, the middle of your workweek is the weekend. If you take time off to go do something you have to make it up later, usually Sunday night until about 2am. My new 9-7 job allows me to come home Friday night and not have any plans until Monday morning. I'm sure a lot of you out there don't think this is a big deal, but it is! Sure a when I was a freelancer I could take time anytime I wanted, but I'd usually blow it on impuls stuff during the week.
My mom noticed that we have been doing stuff on the weekends, every weekend, and I couldn’t explain why. I guess the answer would be, I have them now.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]