Tuesday, October 24, 2006

 

meet me in St Louis, meat me in Kansas City

Typical Michigan farewell:Day2 1pm SDT: Our cross-country odyssey finds Tony and I dining at a north St Louis Steak and Shake. What happened to Memphis, You ask. Ask our on-board GPS guide Miss Garmin. She’s the one who suggested the shortest route to Las Vegas was through Oregon, the bitch! (By the way Garmin is an 800-dollar GPS device, and one screwed up electronic dame.) First stop, super 8 motel, Bloomington IN (last night) she steers us toward Kansas then forgets all about the hotel. We end up driving all over Bloomington trying to decipher what we can see from the freeway and what Garmin is telling us. Finally, we decide to pull the power supply and squelch the bitch. And what do you know, we found a pretty nice Irish pub close to ISU campus. Tony did shots with a guy who owns a place in Peoria who was waiting for his girlfriend to arrive on the train. I watch in envy because I have no idea where we really are. It’s not the cops that make me cautious it’s the thought of what Garmin would pull on someone who didn’t have his wits about him. Who knows where we’d end up. Meanwhile the Tigers slowly roll over the KC Cards while Tony cheers them on, at increasing volumes. Every single person in the bar was not cheering for the Tigers. Ironically, they were cheering for the team that calls the place home that is roughly 70 miles from Bloomington. We were outnumbered but manage to escape without incident. As do the Tigers.
This morning we started simple, I asked Garmin to tell us how to get to Denver and she takes the strangest route, through Peoria, onto a road that came to a dead end at the Missouri border. It was pretty obvious that she was avoiding St Louis. My guess is that she has a thing about St Louis. Maybe she had an unhappy affair with a pocket calculator, twice her age, in St Louis. Tony just thinks she hates us.
8pm SDT
I think we have Garmin figured out. We only tell here where we plan to have our next meal. I think she’s mad at us. I don’t trust her. I’m not shre, but I think she was talking shit about us to the PSP while we were at dinner. Just a few minutes ago, while trying to navigate the “Liberty City Stories” on the can, I felt something was wrong. The PSP hesitated at a particularly desperate moment. I’m hoping it was my imagination.


Tony enjoys a very famous Barbeque in Kansas City. Do I remember what the joit was called? NO!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]