Wednesday, September 06, 2006

 

Crow eating time

On or around October 20th I will be hopping in my car and driving to my new job in LA. I couldn’t help it. The smell of fresh smog at sea, the beckoning arm lashed to the side of the great white California roll… “Come lads” It seemed to signal. “Once more!”
“From hell's heart I stab at thee, California!” (That last bit wasn't in the book, I think Greg Peck just went with the moment.)
Actually we're moving to LA because some friends have a show that really appeals to me so away I go again.

As far as moving, there are advantages and disadvantages to consider. (Fifty per side if I were to list them on a legal pad.) But I won’t chop off that big of a mental chore because I don't want to have it wake me up at night and say, "and another thing, what about the cats".
I think if I just focus on what’s in front of me and not look too far into the future I’ll be fine. If I worry about the type of apartment or house I have to get to get the girls into the right school district while trying to figure out the car and phone situation while starting a new job and trying to get the whole China thing on paper, I’d plotz!

For now I think I’ll focus on getting the garage clean enough to house a car for three months. And maybe get our basement in good enough shape so that a person could go down there without the HAZ-MAT suit. Thank you kitties!

But the big news is that PS2’s new Godfather game ROCKS! This is the season when I should be at my most productive, right? So what do I do? I totally get hocked on a video game!
Ah, me!
But in my defense, it is a real cool game! I didn’t stand a chance.

I also got a new phone the does everything but scoop the cat box. Here's what the picture takin thing makes the pictures look like. (Translation: Here's a photo)

Unfortunately, I can’t get it to do any of the six hundred functions well. That is how I will devote the remainder of the day, standing behind big Joe watching him fix my phone so that I can use it.
If he can get it to work it will be really cool. …Now if I can get the phone to play PS2 disks I’ll be stylin!

So, to all of my “outside California” friends I say this: Visit!
And to all of my “inside California” friends I say this: Where the hell should I live?
I want somewhere close to Disney in Burbank, where the girls can skip to school without too much car time.
Any Ideas?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]