Thursday, August 10, 2006

 

Enough of that Crap!

As I watch my daughters run backward around an American flag that they’ve made out of poker chips, it all seems to come into perspective. I think I have let people get me all up tight and shit.








































So, yeah. I guess the logical thing to do would be to start another film fest and see who runs off with it. I like the idea of showing just stupid movies. Now there’s something I know about.
Imagine my introduction speech to the movie “Billy Jack” or “Gymkata” featuring Kurt Thomas the famous gymnast in his martial arts debut.

That sounds like a snowed-in winter project. But enough of that movie crap!

So now it’s off to China. Why am I going to China, you ask. I’m not really sure. I know that I’m going to have a meeting with a couple guys from a big animation production house. And I know that we are going to present five potential television series to them. I have a rough idea about where I’m going and when I’ll get there, but that’s about it.

So, let me get this straight, you are going into China with only a rough idea. Is that wise? Should you go anywhere with a rough idea?

Yeah, you’re right. Pretty weird.

I met the owner of this production facility in Singapore. We talked about their shows and about what it would take to bring them to the States. This is nothing new. This is kind of what I did in Berlin and what I was attempting to do in Singapore. And now they’ve invited me (us, Lincoln Butterfield) to Shanghai to talk further about what was proposed. I could be more specific but, once again, the details of my professional life would send the average reader reaching for a pillow. Let’s just say, I make cartoon, they buy cartoon. (hopefully)

I’ve briefly looked at the map of where we’ll be and I don’t think we’ll get to see the things the average person thinks of when they think of China. The Forbidden City is in Beijing, to the north, and the great wall is up there too, somewhere. I guess if the average person thinks of Chinese people when they think of China, we might be in luck there. There’s no way we won’t be seeing those. I hear there are lots of them.

There is also that Chinese food thing. I think I might know a little about that stuff having eaten it for five months in Singapore. I know that Chinese people get hungry every hour and hey say that when they eat American food they get hungry twelve hours later. I wonder if they have American take away…
I guess we’ll see.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]