Tuesday, May 23, 2006

 

The South East Asian Song Fest

What's on the menue today:


Behold the SINGAPORE NATIONAL ANTHEM:

Let us, the people of Singapore, together march forward towards happiness. Our noble aspiration is to see Singapore achieve success. Let us unite in a new spirit. We all pray: May Singapore Progress.

No rockets, no bombs just happiness, success, and progress. (Ironically, nothing about food or shopping.)

Another anthem for Singapore supplied by Tom Waits:
We sail tonight for Singapore, Were all as mad as hatters here I’ve fallen for a tawny moor, Took off to the land of nod Drank with all the Chinamen, Walked the sewers of Paris I danced along a colored wind, Dangled from a rope of sand You must say goodbye to me

Woah, Tom! What have you been into? I hoping that tawny moor was just a blob of dope and not really a tawny moore. I guess there’s nothing wrong with that, if that’s what you’re into, but the dope thing makes the rest of the verse understandable.

I guess it’s my turn:

Singapore
By Chaffie Mc Chaffington

Hot, wet Singapore
I shall always think fondly
Of your progress

Your steaming prawn balls,
your prosperity pizza,
and stewed chicken feet.


That job really blew.
That guy was a real ass.
But I don’t blame you.

Your strict laws keep me
safe from speeding coconuts.
Or gay gum chewers.

The smell of your cabs
Will always be in my shirts
As will your duck sauce.

I walk and I shop.
In this, the year of the blog.
You’re talking cock, la!

We’re going home soon
And we have a lot of junk
A lot of your junk.

And so, fare thee well
Corn in a cup and monkeys.
Good by to you Singapore!

Vanda Miss Joaquim
I shall miss your fragrant smell,
and all those wet ants.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]