Sunday, May 28, 2006

 

Redundancy sets in.

Here are some pictures of an old Singapore village from a cable car.
I wonder if this was a real village that is just not used anymore, or a set for tourists.
Maybe it’s a little of both, I guess I could find out. If you like.

I’m wondering how I would have kept myself from going crazy if I were to have stayed here until October as was originally planned. I run into other “caucies” and they tell me that they have been here for four years or so. And I think, why? What is it that you do that could keep you away from home for so long? Then I think what the heck have I been up to that would keep me away from home for so long. Then I wonder where home is, really. I’ve had a lot of homes. Then I think I shouldn’t think so hard. Then I wish that I’d thought of not thinking so hard sooner. It’s about this time that I download all the photos on my phone (I still haven’t bought a camera) and see what I’ve been up to. And it dawns on me, the reason I feel so displaced is because I’ve never passed that visitor mode. I haven’t moved in. I can’t! I can’t buy the things I like to have around because they are around somewhere else. Besides, if I were to furnish this place the way I want, it would be a huge waist of money because I couldn’t possibly fit everything in a suitcase and take it to where I think home is.
I’m sorry that this blog has been reduced to an, “I can’t wait to get outta here” bitch fest. But I feel the need to move forward and I can’t because anything that I do over the next 10 days has to fit into two very stuffed suitcases. So I run, I eat, I watch TV, I blog, I sleep. Which pretty much covers the content of everyone of this month’s blog enteries.
I guess, once I get home my entries are going to revolve around the Traverse City Film Fest and my involvement, there in. I don’t want to get involved but I do, but I can’t so I will. (That will pretty much be the topic of every blog entry in June. Provided I have time!)
So, until then, maybe I’ll retrace my steps and research the things I missed the first time around; like the five ‘o clock tree. What’s up with that thing?

Next time: The five O’clock tree.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]