Sunday, April 09, 2006

 

Where the hell haven't I been?

Yeah, yeah, yeah,

There are more London Photos. Plenty but, hey that was so three weeks ago. I find myself back in Singapore. And just recently I discover that I have company. There are three jet-lagged girls in my apartment and they all have the same last name as me. Lucky me. And what a day we all had, and to top it all off, it is our anniversary; twelve years! ...Not all three of us, mind you, just the two big ones.

It’s strange to be away from your wife and kids for three months, but it’s even stranger when they move into an otherwise empty apartment. I find I don’t have the things I should. For example, up until now one pan seemed to work out pretty good. I used it for everything. It’s a wok and I used it for boiling water and frying things that needed frying. Then, when it cooled down, I’d eat the fried thing out of it. Now I find that the simple act of spaghetti for four can’t be done with one wok and paper plates.

And so, I find I’m a little pissed off at the company that put me up here. When I first got to Singapore they put me in a borrowed apartment. I slept in someone else’s bed because he was away for the weekend. Not the way Mister big-shot, supervising director should be treated but, hey I didn’t mind because, I can take it! Then I was moved into a pretty nice place that I didn’t like. I had to clean it myself, buy my own pillows, sheets and towels. I also bought a wok and some paper plates. And I ate out a lot. That was fine for me because I worked around all that stuff, but now the wife and kids are here it isn’t good enough. There are a lot of things that I never thought about. I shouldn’t have to buy pillows, fer fuck sake! I should live like people who travel to another country do, in a bed with covers and shit. Not like a hold up hit man who’s down on his luck. God damn it! I’m going into that office tomorrow and I ain’t doing shit until I get a new place that my family can live in! God DAMN IT!...

But still, this morning at 4:30 the girls woke us up to watch the lightning over the reservoir. We all sat on the edge of the bed like it was movie night and we were watching the lightning channel. Lilli suggested that I make some popcorn, so I did. So we watched lightning while eating popcorn out of a wok at 4:45 am. I guess I’d rather be anywhere with them than by myself in the nicest place on earth.

But still, God damn it!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]