Saturday, March 18, 2006

 

Lon don dinnim

Plop, splat, thump, blip, blop
…Ears your plate, mate. Enjoyit.
God damn right, I will!

Interesting bunch the Brits, they sure have a funny way of talking. I don’t know where they get it from. It sounds like a cross between Canadian and Australian with just a little bit of American thrown in. Someone should research this language, it might make for an interesting article or something.
The main BKN office in an area called Holborn. It is right in the middle of London. Near, what they call, the eye. I haven’t asked anyone about why it’s called the eye because I don’t want to appear dumb. (But I’ll ask them about their language the next chance I get.)
If you were clumsy enough to drop a glass on a coffee table, and the table didn’t shatter, you would have made a perfect map of London. This is where I am, right where the glass hit. The editing suit is SOHO about a ten minute walk to the west. It’s pretty cool there. That’s where all the live shows are. It’s like their Broadway only more fragmented. (remember, the coffee table?) Down south by the river is the Savoy Theater. (Gilbert and Sullivan’s old place) The shows get smaller and less known as you travel north. There’s Stomp, Blueman group, all kinds of stuff. There’s a show next to the studio that features an old woman, a fork and a cat. It’s no “Mikado” but hey, the “Mikado” is no “Lunch with Granny”.
She is the very model of a modern major pussy cat… (poke with fork) meaowwwwww!
I've information vegetable, to find out where my pussy’s at…(Cat pokes her with fork) Meaowwww!
(I know it isn’t the Mikado, but I don’t know that one.)
The weird thing is just how many of the shows are Disney. They even have a Mary Poppins show. Imagine the nuts on the Disney swine to play this thing here. …Where they really did have nannies and chimney sweeps. They’d better watch it.
Yesterday was St. Patrick’s Day. Boy, is it popular here. I thought it was just an American Irish thing, but the Brits seem to get into it. I suppose anything to do with drinking would be popular here.
The bar around the corner was so packed that they spilled out into the street. Here’s a picture that I tool at lunch time.
Sadly, I didn’t get a chance to partake this year. Anyone who knows me knows that I consider New Years and St. Patrick’s Day to be amateur night. Besides, I was alone! No one to drink with!
Between the Savoy and the editing studio there’s a little China town, with little Chinese people in it. It’s adorable. But, I fear, it will be a while before I go there to eat. I guess I didn’t realize how much I miss sandwiches.

Next time: My day off!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]