Tuesday, March 14, 2006

 

Britannia waves the rules

(Thank you for that one, Frank Furlong)
Here I go, off to London again. Only this time I’m not a wonderstruck honeymooner but a dullstruck dad, on a mission, on his own. Work-wise, there’s going to be plenty to do and no time to do it. (The usual situation in the animation world) I fear the only London I’ll see is the inside of an editing bay. No worries, I saw all the touristy places last time I was there.
I say “there” because I’m still here. (Specifically, in the business class lounge at the airport.) Not a bad place the business class lounge.

If you’ve never had a chance to go to one I recommend it. Just sneak in, if you can. I don’t recommend you buy your own ticket because it’s not worth it. But if someone else is footing the bill, do it. There’s free food, drink, internet hook-up and all the free non stress music your stomach can handle. It’s lovely stuff really, for those people who like it. Who those people are, I don’t know. But I’d like to meet one and ask them what’s up with the music. Is it something that makes you whiter and richer?

I’m beginning to like the airport again. Business class is probably what air travel used to be like. They don’t treat you like shit the way the airlines do now. And when you get on the plane you get a drink right away and little gift. Oh, what’s inside the little bag? Oh, look! Little things… There’s a little toothbrush, a little toothpaste, a tiny razor with a little tube of shave cream… (I’ll pass on the shave, in-flight. Razors and turbulence don’t really go together.) They give you some socks to put over your socks, some eye shades and ear plugs, (so that you don’t have to hear the pathetic screams of the people in coach as they are whipped and tormented with shitty food.) and some other cool little things golden hats, coupon for a hand job, a car… It all depends on the airline. Then the menu arrives…

I’ll be getting on the plane in an hour, so I’ll see you all when I get there. Talley-ho, chocks way. Last one in the air is a homo!

In the mean time, here’s what I had for lunch yesterday.

Do they hate fish too?

Next time: Long pants, and rain.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]